Choose love and acceptance for ourselves and others.
As we approach the new year what if this year you simply devoted time to loving yourself more. To love ones self allows you to love others you cannot truly love others if you do not love yourself. It is not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself and to make your happiness a priority, it is a necessity . We are all so caught up in everyday life do we take time to really connect with ourselves and our beings?
The importance of loving yourself is immense and we should all take time out of everyday to love ourselves, our body and our mind.
Are we ashamed to love ourselves? Think about it could you think of 5 reasons why you love yourself? For me the answer was no until I began to connect with myself and my thoughts I was unable to truly love myself and truly love others until now through the power of meditation and practicing yoga you can to learn to love yourself. So I encourage you to take time out of your lives each day it could be 10 minutes whereby you are still just to tune in to your body. Think how amazing your body really is how much it deals with; how much we overcome, continue and bloom in our lives. Appreciate your body appreciate each breath. I now act from a place of love to myself and to others, so if there is one message I can send out it’s remember where your attention goes energy flows, love yourself wholeheartedly and the story you tell yourself is the one you will experience. Each day we wake is a new opportunity to choose love and acceptance for ourselves and others.
I am truly grateful for and take notice of the blessings in myself and the world around me.
Simple ways you can practice self-love
- Start a new hobby in your life! Something you have always wanted to have a go at. This is taking time out for yourself by doing something your choosing to do. I recommend start practicing yoga. Yoga definitely is a good way to promote self-love in your life it allows you to fully connect with the self and so it helps you fully get to know yourself I mean how can you love yourself without knowing yourself? Yoga has so many benefits for both the mind and body. It’s so hard to describe the feeling of practicing yoga so I guess you’ll have to give it a go for yourself and you will see what I mean.
- Take time out the day for yourself (easier said than done sometimes) but even if its running a nice bath and having a relax, or reading a book, a blog an article anything positive that is going to open the mind and have a positive impact on the self.
- Eat good nutritious whole foods! You are not loving yourself if you’re putting foods in the body that are not having positive impacts on the body. Go vegan! Honestly I am not telling you how to eat but try researching plant-based diets and it will open your mind. By putting meat into your body is only going to affect your whole body and mind negatively meat is negatively fueled so it makes sense not to eat it if you want to practice more self-love in your life. Eat the rainbow! There are so many high vibrational and life giving plant foods, try to eat more fruits and veggies in your diet and slowly start to make the transformation in your life. “YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE NOT A GRAVEYARD”
- Surround yourself with those you love and those who have positive impacts on your life. Surrounding yourself with the right people is key to a happy life, those people that uplift, enlighten, educate you and are kind to you are those you need in your life. I would much rather be surrounded by a handful of people who accept me and are having a positive effect on my life than a vast amount of people that are causing toxicity in my life. Remember we are all worthy of being surrounded by inspiring people.
- Spend time outdoors with loved ones or by yourself. Spending time in nature can be an amazing way to clear the mind of any worries and stresses which we all face in our lives. Being outdoors breathing in the fresh air and taking in the beauty around us has positive impacts on our mood. To ground is to pour your energies back into the earth and feel the warm calm of nature entering your body in exchange.